Being grounded means that you are centered and balanced with who you are on a soul level. It means you’re wholly connected to truest, most authentic self.
When you’re grounded you make decisions that honor and respect your soul’s needs, while respecting and honoring the rights of another.
If you are going to be making any major life decisions, such as those related to relationship or career, or if you are stepping into a conversation that requires and deserves your utmost attention and care – it’s important to be grounded.
30 Ways to Ground Yourself
- Meditate outside
- Get close to a tree (lean, hug, touch)
- Go for a walk (anywhere)
- Eat more root vegetables
- Sit near stream or river
- Breathe in fresh air
- Cook a meal from scratch
- Burn natural incense
- Cuddle an animal
- Do yard work
- Go birdwatching
- Hunt for crystals (in a mine or in a shop)
- Get physical with exercise
- Lay in the sun
- Grow your own herbs and vegetables
- Hike to natural rock faces
- Read a book outside
- Disconnect from technology
- Lay on your back and look at the clouds
- Pamper your physical body
- Have sex (with yourself or with someone else)
- Have a real conversation
- Work on an intricate craft that requires your hands
- Go sit somewhere in nature
- And turn off your phone while you do it
- Find some birds . . . feed them
- Listen to earthy music
- Create your own music
Practicing just one of these things can help you get back to a state of centeredness and connection to who you truly are on a soul level.
Get grounded by trying out one of the above activities today.